Serving as President or Vice President of DignityUSA
This outlines the responsibilities, duties and commitments needed of candidates when they submit a nomination to serve as President or Vice President.
The positions of President and Vice President
The President and Vice President:
- Run for office as a slate with gender parity;
- Serve a term of office for two years;
- Nominate candidates for the positions of Secretary and Treasurer for election by the Board of Directors;
- Serve as members of the DignityUSA Board of Directors, the governing body of the organization; and
- Perform the responsibilities and commitments found in the document Serving on the DignityUSA Board.
In addition to the duties as a Director, the President will perform the following duties in accordance to the Bylaws and Board Manual:
- Serve as Chair of the Board of Directors;
- Convene regular and special meetings of the Board of Directors;
- Report with the Executive Director to members on the state of DignityUSA;
- Set the agenda for Board of Directors meetings in consultation with the Board of Directors;
- Appoint the chair (or chairpersons) of the Board committees in consultation with the Vice-President and Board of Directors;
- With the Board of Directors, oversee the activities of the Executive Director and Operations Manager;
- Convene and serve as Chair of Executive Committee meetings; and
- Set the agenda for Executive Committee meetings.
Vice Presidential Duties
In addition to the duties as a Director, the Vice President will perform the following duties in accordance to the Bylaws and Board Manual:
- Act for and assist the President;
- Automatically assume the office of President in the case of a vacancy of the office of the President; and
- Oversee the activities of the Board committees.
Becoming a Candidate
- If you feel that you, or someone you know, have the skills, talent, time and energy to serve as President or Vice President, please submit her or his name on our online Nomination Form.
- President and Vice President candidates run as a team with gender parity.
- Your participation in this essential process ensures that DignityUSA remains a vibrant and life-giving organization, ready and able to serve you, the member.
- Questions, comments or concerns can be addressed to the Nominations Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.