DignityUSA Virtual Gathering: Our Journey Forward
Join us on September 11th and 12th for our Virtual Gathering: Our Journey Forward
We'll come together as a Catholic justice movement for workshops, music, thought-provoking panels, a speech by the incoming DignityUSA president, community discussions, and an exciting musical performance by Latinx pop star Gina Chavez.
- Saturday Sept. 11th: 2pm-6pm EST
- Sunday Sept. 12th: 2pm-4pm EST
-Sessions Topics Include:
- Opening the Doors to an Inclusive Ministry Creates A Transfigured Church
- Bringing Racial Justice Home
- The Pandemic's Impact on LGBTQ+ Catholics around the World
- Beyond the Binary, Emerging Issues in Gender Justice
- Parents, Kids, and Grandfolks: The LGBTQ+ Family Challenge
At 3pm EST on Saturday, September 11th, Speaker Rev. Bryan Massingale will share his keynote address titled:
"God Heard Their Groaning" (Ex. 2:24): Can Dignity Hear and Answer the Cries of the Whole LGBTQ Community?
In the book of Exodus, we are reminded that salvation history begins with attentive listening to the people's cries, moans, and protests. How can/does/will Dignity hear the cries of our sexually diverse community, impacted as we are by the realities of racial injustice, gender exclusion, and sexual marginalization that stem from our nation's and church's complicity in white nationalism?
We are called to understand that the challenges of justice are complex and multiple. Our faith response must be complex and multiple as well.
Reserve your ticket today! (sliding scale tickets are available)