This issue of the Quarterly Voice presents three reflections, each by a person intimately engaged with the transgender community.
Hilary Howes, the author of To Be or Not to Be: A Catholic Transsexual Speaks, served on the strategy group that formed Equally Blessed.
“Sister Monica” (a pseudonym) has been a Catholic sister for 53 years and has been ministering among the transgender community since 1999.
Mateo Williamson is a microbiologist from Arizona who identifies as an openly Catholic, transgender male. This year, he has been working at a shelter for homeless youth in New Jersey.
Highlights of DignityUSA's History
- Changing the number of Regions (from 10 to 7) as proposed by the Restructuring Task Force.
- Dividing national and regional responsibilities between Regional Directors (National) and Regional Coordinators (Regional)
- Developing a Leadership Conference
- Changing the way our National Secretary and Treasurer are selected (from election by delegates to appointment by President and confirmation by Board)
- And other efforts to improve our national By-Laws.