This issue of the Quarterly Voice presents three reflections, each by a person intimately engaged with the transgender community.
Hilary Howes, the author of To Be or Not to Be: A Catholic Transsexual Speaks, served on the strategy group that formed Equally Blessed.
“Sister Monica” (a pseudonym) has been a Catholic sister for 53 years and has been ministering among the transgender community since 1999.
Mateo Williamson is a microbiologist from Arizona who identifies as an openly Catholic, transgender male. This year, he has been working at a shelter for homeless youth in New Jersey.
Highlights of DignityUSA's History
On October 30, an Administrative Services Group (ASG) is formed to oversee all aspects of Dignity outside of Los Angeles. The ASG is in essence the embryo out of which DignityUSA and the "national" Dignity movement was to grow. ASG responsibilities are divided as follows:
- Pat Allen (Responsible for overseeing all Chapters outside of the Los Angeles area)
- Bob Fournier (National Newsletter)
- Ron Aviano (Recording Secretary)
- Larry Collison (Secretary)
- Bill Washburn (Treasurer)
- Charlie Wells (Publications)