New Front Page
Our Mission Statement
Statement of Position and Purpose
We believe that gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender Catholics in our diversity are members of Christ's mystical body, numbered among the People of God. We have an inherent dignity because God created us, Christ died for us, and the Holy Spirit sanctified us in Baptism, making us temples of the Spirit, and channels through which God's love becomes visible. Because of this, it is our right, our privilege, and our duty to live the sacramental life of the Church, so that we might become more powerful instruments of God's love working among all people.
We believe that gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender persons can express their sexuality in a manner that is consonant with Christ's teaching. We believe that we can express our sexuality physically, in a unitive manner that is loving, life-giving, and life-affirming. We believe that all sexuality should be exercised in an ethically responsible and unselfish way.
DIGNITY is organized to unite gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender Catholics, as well as our families, friends and loved ones in order to develop leadership, and be an instrument through which we may be heard by and promote reform in the Church.
Breath of the Spirit
- Advent Expectations and Christmas Blessings
- DignityUSA Leads Memorials for LGBTQI Murder Victims
- Transgender Day of Remembrance, November 20, 2016
- Development News - December 2016
- Rev. Dr. Pamela Lightsey to Keynote Boston Conference
- DignityUSA’s 23rd National Gathering is Also our First “Conference”
- Dignity/San Antonio News
- Dignity/Boston at Clark University
- Cross-National Public Opinion about Homosexuality: Examining Attitudes across the Globe, by Dr. Amy Adamczyk