Call To Action 2010 National Conference
November 5-7, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Three keynote speakers include:
- Shane Claiborne - a founding partner of The Simple Way, a faith community in inner city Philadelphia that has helped to birth and connect radical faith communities around the world, will present Resurrecting Church inviting attendees to re-imagine what it means to be the Body of Christ alive in the world, and to move beyond complaining about the Church we see and start becoming the Church we dream about.
- Asra Nomani - a former reporter for the Wall Street Journal for 15 years, is the author of “Standing Alone: An American Woman’s Struggle for the Soul of Islam,” a manifesto for women’s rights in Islam, will present, “Bad Girls of Faith: The Daughters of Sarah and Hajar Standing Together to Reclaim the Feminist Tradition.”
- Joan Chittister - founder and executive director of Benetvision in Erie, PA, also serves as co-chair of the Global Peace Initiative, a United Nations partnership organization of women faith leaders working for peace. Joan will present, “Prophets of a Future Not Our Own.”
On Friday, November 5th, there will be six concurrent allday pre-conference seminars, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., one of which is “All the Colors of the Rainbow: The Lives of LGBTQ People Across the Age Spectrum.” The four panelists include:
- Marianne Duddy-Burke, Executive Director, DignityUSA
- Frank DeBernardo, Executive Director, New Ways Ministry
- Megan Heeney, member, Call To Action Next Gen Group
- Jon Schum, member, Dignity/Boston.
Full conference details and registration form will be found at www.cta-usa.org/conference or call 815-299-7158.
Lowest rate early registrations must be postmarked or date stamped no later than July 15, 2010.
DignityUSA members may take advantage of CTA Group Registration Discounted Rate of $145, payable to Call To Action, by sending completed registration form to Peggy Burns, Operations Manager, DignityUSA, PO Box 376, Medford, MA 02155-0004 by July 12, 2010. Please add additional $60 fee if registering for any pre-conference seminar. Please include your e-mail address so Peggy can notify you of receipt. A minimum of five DignityUSA registrants is required.