A Note from Lauren and Chris: Leading DignityUSA into Jubilee
We are thrilled to have officially started our terms as President and Vice President of DignityUSA on October 1. Our terms coincide with the two year Jubilee period leading up to the 50th anniversary of DignityUSA in 2019, and we are excited to be reflecting, discerning, and celebrating with you all during this Jubilee. We are committed to honoring our past, while also ensuring that DignityUSA is a nimble, relevant and well-resourced organization ready to take on the challenges of the next 50 years. We outlined our vision for DignityUSA in the speech we gave at out conference in Boston this summer, and for those who were not able to attend, we wanted to share it here.
Our vision for DignityUSA:
- Our local and national communities, and all expressions of Dignity, are fully engaged in the work of renewal and defining our path forward.
- All DignityUSA members feel nourished, cared for, and heard, so everyone feels a part of the journey and shares in its blessings.
- DignityUSA is a leader in the movement for LGBTQI justice and a model for the church in our ability to trust one another and commit to dialogue and respect as we work through challenges and discern our future.
- DignityUSA is fully funded and resourced; our members’ time, talent and treasure is utilized to its fullest potential.
- That others who are also seeking justice may know we stand with them at the intersection of race, immigrant rights, economic justice and with all who feel marginalized.
As we embark on this two year journey, we are trusting fully in God’s spirit. We know that there will be times we feel frustrated and bogged down by the realities of managing our organization, meeting operational commitment and making difficult decisions, and so we ask for your support and your prayers, that we will always trust that the Holy Spirit is showing us the way.
Please do not hesitate to be in touch with questions, concerns, suggestions, and encouragement. Your faith and courage is what sustains us!