DignityUSA Hiring Grant-Writing Consultant
DignityUSA, the organization of Catholics committed to justice, equality, and full inclusion of LGBTQI people in our church and society, is seeking an experienced grant-writing consultant to assist in grant-writing to targeted funders for initiatives connected with and stretching beyond our 50th Anniversary, which will be marked during 2019. This is a short-term, part-time consultant position.
This Consultant will report to the Executive Director and will work closely with the organization’s Development Committee Chair and Communications/Development/Constituent Services Manager.
The Consultant will be responsible for:
- Guiding the development of a modular grant proposal packet
- Prioritizing applications to targeted organizations, including religious communities, Pride event sponsors, top ranking companies in HRC Corporate Equality Index, foundations identified as potential supporters
- Preparing grant applications that are fully compliant with stated grant requirements and revising them as needed to respond to feedback from internal reviews
- Advising DignityUSA Executive and Development Committees on potential funding opportunities
- Providing instructions to the Development Manager on submissions
- Acknowledging grants awarded
- Tracking results
- Minimum 3-5 years of grant-writing experience
- Proven success in nonprofit fundraising via grant proposals
- Familiarity with LGBTQI and/or Catholic funding networks
- Excellent writing, organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Skilled in using document-preparation software, including the integration of text and graphics
- Ability to work independently and remotely
- Strategic thinking
- Commitment to DignityUSA’s mission and programs
Number of hours and rate of pay to be negotiated.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and fee requirements to jobs@DignityUSA.org by March 1, 2018.