" . . . who knows what God wants from women? Obviously, only women can discern what God is asking of them. The task of authority in the evolving Church of the Holy Spirit is to enter into dialogue with its women members and discern carefully what God is saying to the Church through its female members.
" . .. who knows what God wants from the lesbian and gay members of the Church? Obviously, only the lesbians and gays! No one can tell us from outside what God wants of us. We are alone in knowing with an experiential knowledge that our love for each other contains the divine spirit and brings with it the kind of peace and joy that indicates the presence of the Holy Spirit."
John J. McNeill
in "Reforming the Roman Catholic Church"
Quarterly Voice File:
- Reforming the Roman Catholic Church
- Revisiting The Mystical Body of Christ
- Reflections on QV First Quarter 2010 Issue
- Be Somebody or Die
- Maryknoll Father Roy Bourgeois’ National Tour: Shattering the Glass Ceiling
- Book Release Announcement
- People of Faith in the LGBT Community: Overcoming Bipolarity in Britain