Equally Blessed Job Opening
Coordinator, Equally Blessed.
Part-time, grant-funded position. 15-20 hours/week
Background. Equally Blessed is a coalition of four national Catholic organizations which work for justice and equality for LGBT people in church and society. We are seeking a part-time coordinator to manage the day-to-day work of the coalition, as well as to oversee special projects and initiatives as they arise. At present, Equally Blessed is involved in communications work to amplify the voice of the majority of US Catholics who support justice and equality for LGBT people, as well as education and advocacy projects consistent with our mission. Coalition partners meet via conference call at least once a month; we also meet in person about five times a year.
Equally Blessed partner organizations maintain separate offices in Boston, MA, Chicago, IL, Rochester, NY, and the Washington, DC area. We would prefer an employee who could work out of one of these offices; we will also entertain the possibility of an offsite employee.
- Manages all administrative work of the coalition, other than financial management. Includes meeting scheduling, maintaining minutes, responding to inquiries, etc.
- Works with coalition partners and contracted communications firms in facilitating circulation of statement drafts and final releases.
- Manages coalition website and social media outlets.
- Coordinates workflow on coalition projects.
- Represents coalition members at conference outreach booths.
- Develops and maintains effective networking with other key social-justice individuals and groups in furtherance of the coalition’s goals.
This position may require occasional travel and the possibility of some evening and weekend hours.
Education, Background, and Skills, and Experience
- Two to three years experience working toward social justice goals, emphasis on Catholic church reform and/or LGBT issues preferred
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to negotiate a variety of organizational cultures and work with a variety of personalities.
- Social media/website content management experience
- Proficiency in all standard office software
- BA or equivalent experience required
- Self-starter and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Preferred Start: Approximately March 15, 2012
Applications must be received by February 1, 2012. Please submit cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Equally Blessed, visit www.equally-blessed.org.
DignityUSA serves as administrator of the grant providing funding for this position. It is the policy of DignityUSA to provide equal employment opportunity to all people without regard to race, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, marital/partnered status, national origin or disability. DignityUSA is committed to assuring equal opportunity and equal consideration to all applicants and employees in personnel matters, including recruitment and hiring, training, promotion, salaries and other compensation, or termination.