By Kevin Davies, Dignity/Philadelphia
Dignity/Philadelphia's 40th Anniversary Dinner/Dance will be held on Saturday, April 27, 2013 from 7-11pm at the Mummer's Museum. More details will be provided at a later date. The 40th Anniversary Mass will be on Sunday, April 28, 2013 at 7pm at our regular meeting space.
Monthly activities that have occurred or are in the planning stages to celebrate our 40th Anniversary:
- October 2012: “Sex in the City,” a walk done memory lane of the bars, etc. in the ‘70s and ‘80s
- November 2012: sponsored a Gay Bingo game
- December 2012: history of the LGBT religious groups in Philadelphia
- January 2013: history of the gay/lesbian community centers in Philadelphia by Bob Sikba, the archivist at the William Way Community Center
- February 2013: “Presidents Gone Wild,” sixteen Dignity/Philadelphia Presidents roaming the earth. Get the inside scoop on what it’s like to be a D/P President and what was going on during their time as President. Listen to their trials and tribulations combined with their joy of serving the D/P community.
- March 2013: sponsoring a Gay Bingo game
- April 2013: dinner/dance on Saturday, April 27, 2013
We will continue to have monthly events after April. Some of the ideas for these events include, "Rise of the Lesbian Movement," "Gay Media," "Leaders in the LGBT Community," and "Gaily Going Forward.”
If you are in the area, we hope that you can join us!