The R. Scott Hitt Foundation is offering funding for qualified candidates who want to be leaders in the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) movement.
You and the pro-LGBT organization that you choose can apply to receive funding for your post-graduate internship position while you build your resume and gain valuable skills towards becoming a leader of the future.
Executive Director Marianne Duddy-Burke reports, “A post-graduate intern sponsored by the Hitt Foundation could have a major impact on DignityUSA’s work. By supporting emerging efforts in marketing, using technology to broaden our audience, introducing new fundraising techniques, and helping mobilize pro-LGBT Catholics around key ballot or legislative efforts, an intern can gain tremendous experience while working with one of the longest-standing national LGBT organizations in the country. I look forward to speaking with applicants about drafting a sponsor agreement that would draw on their talents and interests.” Marianne may be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 617-669-7810.
The R. Scott Hitt Internship in Leadership Development for Post-Graduate Students:
- Application Deadline:May 8, 2009.
- Post graduate students with strong academic record
- Duration: 7-9 months, 40 hours/week
- Location: An established 501(c)3 nonprofit in the United States with a commitment to the advancement of LGBT equality
- Applicants will identify and contact host organization to co-develop a successful curriculum encompassing key elements: communications, fundraising, board development and grassroots policy organizing
- 2-4 recipients per year.
- Visit www.scotthittfoundation.org/applications.html for details. Look for link to graduate programs.
- Meet with a pro-LBGT 501(c)3 non-profit organization to sponsor your internship.
- Agree to the terms of your internship, scope of work. Draft a sponsor agreement.
- Submit your cover letter, personal essay, résumé and sponsor agreement by the above deadline [May 8, 2009] to email@example.com.
- Check www.scotthittfoundation.org for the grant award dates.